Saturday, June 21, 2014

NEEDS VS WANTS



"My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:19



Does this sound familiar? ... " I need new shoes," or "I need an Ipad" or "I need a cell phone?"
Now, stop and think about how many times you told your parents you NEED something. Do you really need those things or do you simply WANT them? Are your prayers want-based instead of need-based? Often we try to tell God what to do because we want our lives to be easier or happier.
We ask Him to do things the way we WANT.

God hasn't promised to do that. He promised to supply our needs. That's a whole different thing. Think about it - has God supplied your need? Mosty likely. Stop and Thank Him for knowing what's best for you and supplying those things.

"Dear God, this is hard. Thank You for supplying my needs and for understanding when I pray for what I want. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts